You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, March 1, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host a Ulla Johnson sample sale from February 28 to March 3 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [1 p.m.] Obvious Plant’s Museum of Toys will house over 100 items created by comedian Jeff Wysaski including fake toys, actual toys with new names, and actual toys with fake facts. The show runs March 1-17 at Start Los Angeles, in Harvard Heights. A free opening reception will be held this Friday from 1 at 7 p.m. Otherwise, tickets are $10 and can be reserved online.
3. [4 p.m.] Metro Art Presents: Bloco Obini at Union Station for a special musical procession throughout Union Station in honor of Brazilian Carnaval. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (NHM) First Fridays returns on March 1 for a monthly party after hours in the museum including live musical performances, DJs, cocktails, and food trucks. This month’s theme is “Forces of Nature” and how fire, flood, drought, and earthquakes have impacted the land in California.
5. [various] Dan Savage’s HUMP! Film Festival returns on select dates from February 28 through March 9. The nationwide festival showcases five-minute sex-positive ‘dirty movies’ on the big screen of The Downtown Independent in celebration of creative sexual expression.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
7. [various] Digital Nature 2019 comes to the L.A. Arboretum February 27 through March 3 for a dazzling display inspired by nature and technology. Artists works will be projected onto the arboretums lush landscape during the evening hours with interactive works that can include live music and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)8
8. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
9. [various] 100 Tactile exhibition is a sensory experience with objects and symbols through the sensation of touch. The immersive exhibit will be supported by visual and sound elements. Open now until March 30. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Dine Out Long Beach Restaurant Week returns with a host of specially priced prix fixe brunches, lunches and dinners from February 24 through March 2.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the Tequila and Tacos Music Festival
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for March 1, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff