You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, June 24, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [until 9 a.m.] Alcove, a beloved Los Feliz cafe with one of the most popular patios in the city, is celebrating their 15th anniversary with a summer-long morning coffee happy hour promotion. From June 1 through September 30 guests can pick up a hot cappuccino, latte, brewed coffee or espresso for only $1.50 every day between 6 to 9 a.m. It’s the perfect way to start a summer morning in L.A.
2. [9 a.m.] USA Women’s World Cup Watch Party at Tom’s Urban (USA vs. Spain).
3. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatres. This week dance the céili! CnaG Gaelic League of LA’s dance division Céilí Rua (Wild Gathering) will lead folks through the movements of traditional Irish social dances set to music by The Ploughboys. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Hollywood Bowl welcomes Santana to the stage.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap hosted by Caltech Astronomy happens once a month and this time they are switching it up and stopping by Brentwood’s Thunderbird Bar. There will be scientific talks, pub trivia and beer. This event is free.
6. [8 p.m.] FLAX (France Los Angeles Exchange) Drive-In Theater returns to Tin Flats for another season of double features taking place on the last Monday of every month from April to October. Local artists are selected to screen their work as well as an additional film that inspires them. An informal discussion with the artists follow the screenings. Only eight spots are available for cars, so reserve in advance. No reservation is required for open seating area outside of cars. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt & Kristen at The Virgil.
9. [9 p.m.] Motown On Mondays LA: w/ special guest WYATT CASE at The Short Stop on Sunset.
10. [various] Over three dozen venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and immersive performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival taking place June 13-30.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $22 tix to Into The Woods at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for June 24, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff