You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 9, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] The Central Courtyard at Hollywood & Highland hosts free concerts every Tuesday in July as part of the 16th annual Subaru Summer Jazz Nights with the Hunterones to open the series tonight. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] Joywave plays at the Moroccan Lounge.
3. [7 p.m.] Salon Series in the Garden: Sojourner Truth & the Mars Rover at Hauser & Wirth.
4. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the sixth year in a row. From June 11 through August 27 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and Peroni Nastro Azzurro. Alice in Wonderland will be screened this week.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Lost & Found at the Movies: This is Your Brain on Movies at Central Library in DTLA. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Karaoke Tuesdays at The Offbeat in Highland Park.
8. [8 p.m.] Apollo 11: The Immersive Live Show retells the tale of the first moon landing using 40,000 square feet of 360-degree graphics beaming from 32 total projectors, and an almost full-scale replica of the mylar-draped Command Module Columbia. And of course the timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission coming up later this month. Check for discounted ticketsbefore making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach brings a summer-long series of free outdoor movie screenings on the shores of the LBC to three different locations near Downtown Long Beach and Belmont Shore. The series continues with The Little Mermaid at Granada Beach on Tuesday. FREE
10. [various] Free museum days: Los Angeles County Museum of Art (also free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3:00pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays all month long) and Autry Museum of the American West
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for July 9, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff