You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Jet Propulsion Laboratory: Apollo’s 50th Anniversary Special Event at the Glendale Library. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] CRYSTALLINE: Brazil’s Crystal Giants is the latest exhibition at Rhythm Visuals Gallery in DTLA. The exhibit showcases a bevy of Brazil’s biggest gems, including a 2000-pound Amethyst Violet Throne you can actually sit on. The gallery is open Tuesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. [11:45 a.m.] The Griffith Observatory celebrates the 50th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11 with a kick off event on the front lawn and then the observatory’s popular All Space Considered program looks back on the historic mission in the Leonard Nimoy Event Horizon theatre. The observatory will continue the Apollo 11 celebration Wednesday and Thursday with additional free events and a ticketed Apollo 11 screening and rooftop moon party will take place on Friday.
5. [6 p.m.] L.A. sister-duo Bleached plays a live set at Amoeba Hollywood to promote their latest album.
6. [7 p.m.] The Central Courtyard at Hollywood & Highland hosts free concerts every Tuesday in July as part of the 16th annual Subaru Summer Jazz Nights. There will be performances by Hunterones, Boogaloo Assassins, Bria Skonberg, and Jose Rizo’s Mongorama this month.
7. [8 p.m.] Gustavo Dudamel conducts the music of Romeo and Juliet at the Hollywood Bowl with ballet support by the L.A. Dance Project performing Benjamin Millepied’s original choreography. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach brings a summer-long series of free outdoor movie screenings on the shores of the LBC to three different locations near Downtown Long Beach and Belmont Shore. The series continues with The Nightmare Before Christmas at Granada Beach on Tuesday and Coco at Cherry Beach on Thursday. Screenings happen on select Tuesdays and Thursdays through August 20. FREE
10. [various] dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for a 15-day dining event that highlights the diverse and exciting culinary experiences Los Angeles has to offer. On July 12 – 26, patrons can enjoy specially-priced lunch and dinner menus at over 400 participating restaurants throughout the city. Peek our rundown of The Best $15 Menus During dineL.A. (July 12-26) You Have to Try for starters.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $12.50 tix to the upcoming LA County Fair
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for July 16, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff