You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, July 1, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is a colorful new art installation you can check out next to the La Brea Tar Pits from June 28 to November 24. Open daily, admission is free.
3. [7 p.m.] What’s the smelliest thing you can do on this Monday in L.A.? Sign up for Game Play and Scent, a two-hour workshop on how smell been incorporated into game and play forms hosted by the The Institute for Art and Olfaction (yes, that’s a thing!).
4. [7 p.m.] Deconstructing The Beatles: Abbey Road Side 1 screens at The Landmark Theater. ‘Beatleologist’ and director Scott Freiman takes the audience on a song-by-song breakdown of how each song on the record came to fruition, from inspiration to recording.
5. [7 p.m.] Rrose in a Prose, a literary salon and variety show at The Echo.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Hollywood Coed Softball Free Pick Up Game at Poinsetta Park.
7. [8 p.m.] Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is a variety show featuring some of the best comedians, music artists and the occasional oddity aimed to entertain.
9. [8:30 p.m.] The Sunset Jam #173 at The Viper Room.
10. [9 p.m.] Dave Stuckey & the Hot House Gang play Happy Feet Mondays (a weekly Jazz/Swing/Western night) at Joe’s American Bar & Grill in Burbank.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to Americafest at the Rose Bowl (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for July 1, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff