You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, August 5, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Glam dress designer Tadashi Shoji is having a warehouse sample sale August 5-10. Sizes run 00 to 18.
2. [6 p.m.] Calling all Godzilla, King Kong, Mothra and King Ghidorah fans, Scum and Villainy Cantina will host a Kaiju game night packed with themed food and drinks plus giveaways. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Countering White Supremacy: Forum with Congressman Adam Schiff at All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatre. This week’s focus: Caribbean Dance. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Elvis Costello & The Imposters and Blondie co-headline a show at The Greek on Monday.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Queer Book Club with CB Lee at The Last Bookstore.
8. [8 p.m.] Lionel Ritchie performs at the Hollywood Bowl
9. [9:30 p.m.] Jazz Jam Session Mondays at The Falls Lounge in DTLA.
10. [various] Long Beach’s annual city wide Dine LBC restaurant week August 3-11 will take you on a food exploration in numerous Long Beach neighborhoods. Dozens of participating restaurants are offering special lunch and dinner menus at a discounted price for the occasion.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for August 5, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff