You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Due to popular demand, the Annenberg Space for Photography’s exhibit – Contact High: A Visual History of Hip-Hop – is extending its run through Sunday, August 25. Free and open to the public, the exhibit includes photos of hip-hop icons like Notorious B.I.G. and Jay-Z, an interactive record shop, and a documentary on the history of this popular music genre. FREE
3. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival will open to the public on August 15 at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6. There will be 10 different interactive spaces over the course of a whole 40 minutes for each guests to enjoy. FREE
4. [2 p.m.] The first-ever Museum of Weed is now open in Los Angeles. This 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ presented by WeedMaps aims to provide insight and history into marijuana through interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday. Admission starts at $35.
5. [3 p.m.] Golden Gopher’s 15th Anniversary Party includes plenty of drink specials and free tarot card readings on the patio.
6. [4 p.m.] During the month of August Skyspace’s The Garden Bar will host TAP TAKEOVERS where your admission between the times of 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. will include a free craft brew. This week guests can sip on a beer from Lagunitas from August 19-20.
7. [6 p.m.] FLIX at FIG screens Crazy Rich Asians at FIGat7th in DTLA. The free movie screenings happen every third Wednesday of the month. A live DJ and happy hour kicks off the night at 6 p.m. and the film begins at 7 p.m. FREE
8. [6:30 p.m.] Experience a sound bath surrounded by giant, life size, and small ancient Buddhas sculptures at Barakat Gallery this Wednesday. Led by Roxie Sound Healing, the experience will reverberate through the 7,000 square foot two floor gallery. The 12 room gallery will also be open after hours for this special event.
9. [7 p.m.] Twilight Concerts return on August 21 for the start of six consecutive Wednesdays of free music on the Santa Monica Pier. Kicking off the series is Rostam, Dijon and Jen Awad. FREE
10. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of either Pericles or Twelfth NightWednesday through Sunday. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $17 tix to Mozart Under the Stars at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for August 21, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff