You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, August 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:30 p.m.] Spend the season sipping wine during sunset hour at Barnsdall Art Park’s Friday Night Wine Party Series. Happening on the lawn of architectural gem the Hollyhock House, the evening features a fine selection of wines curated by Silverlake Wine, a live DJ and tours of the house. The series happens every Friday evening till September 6.
2. [6 p.m.] L.A. LIVE kicks off the Nike Basketball 3ON3 Tournament with Downtown Dark Nights this Friday from 6 p.m. till late. There will be music, art, live performances and $5 food and drink menus at surrounding participating restaurants. The Nike 3on3 tip-off party will take place on the Main Court with an opening ceremony. This event is free to attend.
3. [6:30 p.m.] Westwood Village Cinema Under the Stars returns for the season with Guardians of the Galaxy. Moviegoers are encouraged to bring their own chairs and blankets. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] Enjoy a vintage-style summer evening at the drive-in during San Fernando Valley Summer Drive-In Movie Nights at the Lake Balboa Complex. Harry Potter and the Scorer’s Stone screens on Friday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] The L.A. Zoo hosts Brew at the Zoo this Friday with 40 breweries, food, live music, pop-up zoo talks and animal discovery stations in an evening party setting.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Cinema Botanica: Movies in the Garden happening at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden will feature family friendly movies every Friday in August. Attendees will receive a field guide to plants they can spot in the movies and Garden staff will discuss the plants and landscape during intermission.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show screens The Big Lebowski at Sunset Triangle Plaza.
8. [8 p.m.] Metro Art Presents “Movements at Union Station,” an evening featuring special DJ guest Norio, owner of the famous Rare Groove record store in Osaka, Japan. He’ll be spinning tunes on the station’s South Patio. Guests can also enjoy visual projections, a photo booth, a silkscreen stencil workshop and food trucks. FREE
9. [various] The Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival (LALIFF) the largest Latinx film festival in Los Angeles will take over the TCL Chinese Theatre and TCL Chinese July 31 through August 4. Co-founded by actor Edward James Olmos, the festival shines a spotlight on US-born Latinx filmmakers through screenings and world premieres, plus shorts, special events, Latinx podcasts and more.
10. [various] Think Tank Gallery is teaming up with Pizzaboyzzz and Future Fantasy Delight to present Nothing Cheezy a pizza-fueled, self-aware, selfie-themed pop-up thats a little bit satire and is intentionally too encompassing to be captured in a picture, thus forcing viewers to live inside the art. This is a ticketed experience that takes guests through the “craziest kitchen you’ve ever seen” and thirteen themed environments plus pizza of course. Open Thursday through Sunday.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $20 tix to see Lord Huron at the Hollywood Bowl
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for August 2, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff