You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, August 15, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival will open to the public on August 15 at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6. There will be 10 different interactive spaces over the course of a whole 40 minutes for each guests to enjoy. FREE
2. [2 p.m.] The first-ever Museum of Weed is now open in Los Angeles. This 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ presented by WeedMaps aims to provide insight and history into marijuana through interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday. Admission starts at $35.
3. [5 p.m.] Downtown Long Beach Alliance’s monthly Live After 5 event will host a free bicycle drive-in screening of Big Fish at The Promenade. Bring the whole family it’s open to all ages. The surrounding area of Long Bech will also offer specials, activities a discounts for the evening. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] Taking place every third Thursday of the summer months, The El Segundo Art Walk is a self-guided exploration featuring more than 35 artists in 30+ venues in downtown El Segundo. FREE
5. [5:30 p.m.] The Skirball Cultural Center welcomes it’s twenty-third annual season of Sunset Concerts with Tamar Llana & Ventanas on Thursday. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Grand Central Market will host Roofless Painters an oil painting workshop open to all. Materials will be provided and there will be a guide to help you master the art of oil painting.
7. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea presents The Comedy of Errors at
Don Knabe Community Regional Park in Cerritos. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Culver City’s Boulevard Music Summer Festival will takeover the Dale Jones City Hall Courtyard this Thursday for an evening of live music. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] Westfield Century City’s Come See movie nights returns this Thursday with a free screening of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off plus complimentary movie bites and snacks for all. A special live-acapella Brat Pack-themed performance by For The Record Live will take place before the show. FREE
10. [various] Echo Park Rising returns for its ninth year to celebrate music, creativity, diversity, and small businesses of Echo Park. The music festival will feature multiple live music stages and activities such as free tours of the historic Jensens Rec Center, a Echo Park Lake history & nature walk, special happy hour menus at surrounding restaurants, discounts at local storefronts and much more. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (via Goldstar)
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for August 15, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff