You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, April 5, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County welcomes the traveling exhibition Antarctic Dinosaurs to Southern California from April 3, 2019 through January 5, 2020.
2. [5 p.m.] First Fridays return to the Natural History Museum this Friday for an after hours party with DJs, cocktails and food. The event will explore the forces of nature focused on drought this month.
3. [5 p.m.] The 26th annual Carnaval Primavera presented by the Greater Huntington Park Area Chamber of Commerce will be held on Pacific Blvd., between Gage Ave. to Slauson Ave. Expect business exhibits, food, arts and crafts, live performances, a children’s sidewalk chalk art contest, and amusement rides for all ages.
4. [6 p.m.] Get up close and personal with sharks at the Aquarium of the Pacific during Shark Lagoon Nights. Guests will have the opportunity to touch bamboo sharks and view large sharks in an after hours setting. FREE
5. [6:30 p.m.] Enjoy a Passover-themed evening at Skirball Cultural Center this Friday. In partnership with the nonprofit Miry’s List, Rabbi Sarah Bassin (Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills) will welcome everyone with the Passover story and tie the experience of refugees today. Guests will then enjoy wine and an elaborate Syrian dinner inspired by the Passover tradition prepared by a family who recently resettled in Los Anegeles. Evan Kleiman of KCRW’s Good Food will also moderate a discussion with the chefs about their arrival stories.
6. [6:30 p.m.] First Fridays in Long Beach will throw a County Fair with fair food, a pie eating contest, local vendors, art, live music, a storytelling farmer and more.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in Mid City at a secret location with some of the biggest names in comedy. Performers are kept under wraps and the location will be emailed to all ticket holders. BYOB!
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
9. [various] If Halloween and horror movies are your favorite topics then I Like Scary Movies Experience will be just what you’re looking for. Guests can expect to see, hear, feel, and smell recreations of iconic moments from IT (2017), Beetlejuice, The Shining, The Lost Boys, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. There won’t be costumed actors jumping out trying to startle but there will be multi-sensory surprises along your winding path. The pop up experience runs April 4 through June 16.
10. [various] The 21st Annual NOIR CITY: HOLLYWOOD film festival returns to the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for 10 nights (March 29-April 7) featuring films from this exciting artistic era.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $8 tix to Eat|See|Hear in Chinatown
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for April 5, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff