You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 p.m.] Get a taste of what South Pasadena has to offer during the 8th Annual Taste of South Pasadena. The evening will include a wine tasting portion, and a restaurant crawl with unlimited food.
2. [6 p.m.] Culinary Fight Club stops by Marina del Rey for a live cooking competition centered around tapas. Attendees will watch a variety of contestants from home cooks to executive chefs whip up a gourmet dish to be judged by the audience and special judges.
3. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer museum will host a screening of director Penny Lane’s documentary Hail Satan?which chronicles the rise of the colorful Satanic religious movement in America. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with Stuart de Haan, spokesperson and legal advisor for the Satanic Temple. FREE
4. [7:30 p.m.] True Crime Tuesdays book club with James T. Bartlett at The Last Bookstore.
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Skirball welcomes Scott Hebel and Katie Gurvin of Hebel & Co. for an evening of learning how to create their artisanal halva desserts. Guests will be treated to a cooking demonstration and tasting.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Adam Pascal & Anthony Rapp (both original stars of Rent) perform an intimate unplugged concert at the Catalina Jazz Club.
8. [various] Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden located in Claremont welcomes Wildflower Week April 13 through April 21. The nine-day celebration of California’s wildflowers will feature annual displays of California poppies, baby-blue eyes, lupines and much more. In addition, there will be an art exhibition, cocktail parties, guided tram tours and more.
9. [various] Spa Week returns to Los Angeles April 15-21 for its biannual celebration dedicated to improving personal health by simplifying wellness. Every April and October for one week only, hundreds of spas and wellness locations across North America will offer two or three full-service treatments for just $50 each.
#SPONSORED DEAL: Get $23 tix to the Playboy Jazz Festival at the Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The post 10 Fun Things To Do TODAY in L.A. for April 16, 2019 appeared first on .
Source: – We Like L.A. Staff