- On Prime Day, we’ve been scouring Amazon for the best deals, period. These include the weird, interesting, and unexpected products that can go unnoticed in the shuffle.
- They’re not just cheap gimmicks. They’re actually useful, and since they’re on sale this Prime Day, the barriers of entry to try them are even lower.
- Shop the best Prime Day 2019 deals across tech, home, kitchen, and more. The Insider Picks team will be updating this list frequently.
During Prime Day, which ends tonight at 11:59 p.m. PT, you can expect us to find you the best deals on the usual: tech, Amazon devices, home and kitchen essentials like vacuums and cooking appliances, and the like.
Inevitably, however, during this 48-hour marathon event, we fall into a rabbit hole of weird and unexpected deals that never make it to the front page of the main Prime Day site, but would be a shame to go unnoticed.
As strange and interesting as these products are, we wouldn’t dismiss them too quickly as being weird for weird’s sake. Upon closer inspection, they’re useful, too.
In previous years, the fun, quirky, and useful deals that captivated us included a domed window that gives your dog a peek past the fence, and a portable karaoke mic to encourage impromptu solo concerts.
After sifting through the hordes of deals, we’ve unearthed some more hidden gems, including travel pillows that may attract more than a few stares (but are extremely comfortable, so who cares?), and a very specific kitchen tool for bagel lovers.
Check out these 10 weird but useful Prime Day deals:
An immersive pillow
Ostrich Pillow, $69.30 (originally $99) [You save $29.70]
Nothing says ‘do not disturb’ like a giant pillow that envelops your entire head. It’s easy to nap in any position with the microbead filling cushioning your head at all angles, and you can still breathe thanks to the nose and mouth opening. The Ostrich Pillow also has two more openings on top where you can slip your hands.
A mini kitchen guillotine
Hoan Bagel Guillotine Slicer, $15.99 (originally $19.99) [You save $4]
With one fell swoop, your circle of doughy, carb-laden goodness falls victim to the sharp blades of this contraption. You’ll never accidentally cut your fingers or have to subject yourself to the indignities of an uneven side of bread again.
A chess set that lets you play against anyone in the world
Square Off Chess Set, $359 (originally $449) [You save $90]
You can now play other online players while enjoying a real, physical chess board. The Square Off Chess Set moves your opponent’s pieces across the board for them, so it’s almost like they’re sitting right across the table from you.
- The 31 best Tuesday deals of Amazon Prime Day 2019 — here’s what Prime members should buy on Day 2
- Save up to $350 on Roomba vacuums during Amazon Prime Day 2019 — here are the best deals
- The best Prime Day headphone deals from Bose, Sony, Beats, Sennheiser, and more